Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tasting-Dom de la Quila Muscadet

Name:  Domaine de la Quilla Muscadet
Variety:  100% Muscadet or Melon de Bourgogne
Region:  Loire Valley
Country:  France
Year:  2011
Price:  $9.95

Vintage Cellar Review:  Oyster Wine!!!  The real key to the wines from Domaine de la Quilla is that the Vinet's keep the wines sur lie for eight months before bottling at the end of May, unlike most in this appellation who bottle in March.  The Vinet family work proudly to produce this impeccably dry and fragrant wine.  Enjoy!

My Review:  This is the first wine I tasted the way I was taught in class.  While tasting the wine I learned that sur lie means yeast was left in the wine.  I struggled with the smell at first but finally smelled berries.  When I tasted it, it had an acidic taste.  I did not eat any food at the tasting.


No comments:

Post a Comment